Click image below for more "still life"

Click image below for more "still life"
Francis Cunningham "Three Baldwin Apples" (1964) Oil on linen 5'' x 16''

Monday, December 21, 2009

Holiday Special: Lunch Time at the Cunningham Studio


I've been taking photos around Dick's studio, kitchen and apartment in general continuously.  Most of them are food related, as I have a habit of documenting my plates and cups, and their contents. Images have accumulated and since the holiday season is about sharing, among other things, food, I've decided in that spirit to put together a slideshow of lunches, teas and cookies, and scotches I've shared with Dick recently.

The image above is from a Chinese restaurant downtown I went to during the weekend.  The table there has a holiday look all year long. The empty bowl once had a delicious soup.

Now, lunch break at the Cunningham studio is the time Dick and I move over piles of documents, books and other objects on the table and set our plates generally piled with sandwiches or other delicious concoctions we created or Kitty supplied.  While eating we plot the next edit in the video or skim through a book Dick recommends, or plan the next blog entry.
Please enjoy the photos as a set here and as a slideshow here.

Enjoy the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment